Dr Tracy Chandler
Ambassador for New Zealand
Specialist Functional GP Dr Tracy has both a degree in Biochemistry and Medicine from England. Tracy also has Postgraduate Diplomas in Sports and Exercise Medicine and Cosmetic Medicine and Certification in Dermoscopy and Homeopathy. She attained Fellowship of both the Royal NZ College of GPs (RNZCGP) and the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (ACNEM). She is a current Fellowship examiner and past board member and Treasurer for ACNEM. She also has a role as an Expert Advisor for the NZ Health and Disability Commission (HDC). As co-founder and steering committee member of NZ Doctors Speaking out With Science (NZDSOS) she is passionate about delivering truth in health.
Tracy’s 23 years’ experience as a GP, and as a mum of 7 have made clear to her the impact of nutrition and environment on an individual’s health and vitality. Her passion for sharing this knowledge has led to her being featured as an expert in nationwide magazines including ‘The NZ Listener’, ‘Simply You’, ‘Australian Woman’s’ Weekly’ and ‘Nadia’ Magazine; and also on’ The Hits Radio’ and expert panel of the ‘I Quit Sugar’ Program. Her particular focus in Functional Medicine is the use of Energy Medicine tools to create longer lasting healing. She is passionate about teaching and empowering her patients to heal themselves in a co-creative relationship. Her role of a doctor has always been to advocate for her patients, especially when it relates to body autonomy and freedom of choice in healthcare.
Her greatest healing and inspiration come from hugging her husband, children and grandchildren. A 6 second hug releases oxytocin so her mantra is ‘heal with hugs’.
- BSc (HONS) Biochemistry Degree, (4 year) University of Kent, UK
- MB ChB Medical Degree, (5 years) University of Leicester, UK
- FRNZCGP Fellowship of the Royal NZ College of General Practitioners (minimum 3 years further training but I have 18 years’ experience as a GP)
- FNZSCM Fellowship of the NZ Society of Cosmetic Medicine (minimum 1 years further training).
- PGDipSEM Post-Graduate Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine (3 years) Otago University, NZ
- Dermoscopy Certificate (Skin cancer detection), University of Wales, UK
- Homeopathy Certificate
- FACNEM Fellow of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine
- Member of Australian Integrative Medicine Association
- Board Member and Treasurer of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (2018-2020)
- Fellowship Examiner of the Australasian College of Nutritional and Environmental Medicine (2018-Current)
- Expert Advisor of the NZ Health and Disability Commission (2018-Current)