Taiji Qigong Shibashi
What is Qigong?
Qigong (pronounced Chee Gong) and translates to Energy work or cultivation. It is an ancient Chinese art of integrating mindful movement, posture, and breathing practices to enhance the flow of Qi circulation throughout the body.
Shibashi means 18 movements
This form was created in the 1980’s by Prof Lin Hou Shen, a pioneer in the field of Qigong. It is a gentle exercise that combines some of the movements from Tai Chi Quan with Qigong breathing. It is one of the most popular forms of Qigong and is practiced worldwide by over 10 million people.
The gentle repetitive movements include weight shift, coordination of leg and arm movements and controlled breathing.
It is suitable for all ages and abilities and can be practiced seated or standing.
What are the benefits?
- Some of the benefits of regular practice will bring about the positive results of:
- Relaxation of the mind and body to create inner peace and harmony;
- Improved Stamina, balance, posture and coordination;
- Supporting the immune system;
- Improved strength in arms, legs, and back;
- An overall sense of wellbeing.
Where can I access this?
There are classes available in the community and also online.